Meet Stephanie Mickelsen
Stephanie Mickelsen has farmed for 34 years with her husband, Mark. They own Mickelsen Farms, LLC, Yellowstone Seed, LLC, Rigby Produce, Inc., and Potato Products of Idaho. Mickelsen Farms, LLC is a fully diversified farming operation. She is Chief Financial Officer for Mickelsen Farms, LLC. Stephanie graduated with an Associates of Arts and Science in Economics from BYU-Idaho.
Stephanie currently serves as: State Director with the Idaho Farm Bureau; Co-Chair of the Idaho Groundwater Users; President of the Bonneville Groundwater District; Treasurer for Groundwater District 120; Vice-Chair Board of Trustees for the College of Eastern Idaho; Chair of the American Farm Bureau Labor Committee; and Director on the Board of Eastern Idaho Regional Medical Center.
Stephanie has had numerous opportunities to communicate about agriculture. These include:
- Panelist/Presenter at the Land O’Lakes “Food Effect” SXSW Conference Austin, Texas in March 2018
- Panelist at Winfield United Grower Convention in January 2018
- Panelist/Presenter for BASF in Raleigh NC 2019
- Panelist/Presenter for Rabo Bank 2019
- Bonneville Historical Society Presenter on “Agriculture through the Years in Bonneville County”
- Farm Credit Services Nomination Committee for Board of Directors
- Testified in front of Idaho House and Senate Ag Committees on various agricultural issues
- Multiple interviews with local news organizations (tv and newspaper) on agricultural and labor issues
Stephanie learned early on that being involved in your community was necessary in their farming business. Stephanie and her husband Mark have 4 children and 12 grandchildren (all under the age of 5.)