Legislative District 32
When Mark and I started farming in Bonneville County, thirty-four years ago, life was drastically different than it is today. Bonneville County is facing explosive growth which is causing stress to everyday Idahoans. My family and I have benefited from the schools, businesses, recreation, health care, and social aspects of this great area of the state. I began my community service as a first-grade art mom, and today I am serving as the Chair of the American Farm Bureau Labor Committee and trustee of the College of Eastern Idaho. My experiences, education, and connections have enriched my life and broadened my horizons. I am running to ensure that families can continue to live and work here in Eastern Idaho. Idahoans expect competent, efficient, conservative government. Join me in forging a great future for not only Bonneville County but all of Idaho.
"I have operated businesses for the past 30 years, the amount of government regulations have continued to grow exponentially. Government needs to remove many of these obstacles that they have created. Free markets will generally dictate the needs of a society better than government regulations."
Idahoans expect the most efficient use of their tax dollars. I am a committed fiscal conservative. Taxpayer funds should be treated with incredible care and respect. The future of Idaho will require trusted and experienced leadership.
- Create a competitive tax structure that supports long term vision
- Property taxes that are equitable and fair
- Idaho has one of the strongest economies in the nation which allows us to make good investments for the future and cut taxes.
- Limited government is the most efficient government
"Education was a value that my parents taught me from a young age. I’ve been blessed with opportunities through the mentorship of great teachers in my life. Education opens the doors to the world. We need to continue to build a better society through quality educational opportunities for all in our communities."
Idaho has done a good job efficiently utilizing our education dollars. However, recent years have exposed the cracks in the delivery of education in our state. The demands of industry have changed and schools must be equipped to adapt. Businesses are looking at skill proficiency rather than degrees. This is a challenge that we must meet.
- Community colleges are a critical piece of higher education in Idaho
- Education decisions are best made at the local level
- Our education system must offer diverse opportunities to Idaho students.
- “Go-on” programs in Idaho need to prepare students to meet the demands of the future
- Increase parental choice and involvement which results in higher-achieving students
"Growing up in a household with 2 working parents, I learned the value of work early on. Throughout my life I’ve worked hard and recognize that the people of Bonneville county need someone that will work hard for them."
Growth cannot be ignored, and quality leadership and vision is critical to the sustainable future of our area. We have the opportunity, through careful and clear-minded planning to protect limited resources while promoting business friendly policy.
- New growth needs to pay for itself
- Less regulation for businesses and individuals
- Protect limited resources for future generations
"I have 12 little grandchildren, they are Mark and my whole world. They need quality education, affordable places to live, and free market opportunities! I am running to ensure that generations to come will get to benefit from our beautiful corner of Idaho."